All Other Locations
Evanhoe & Associates, Inc., headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, is a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) with satellite offices in Montgomery, Alabama, and Warner Robins, Georgia.
We are a full-service Information Technology (IT) Solutions Provider and Systems Integrator delivering world-class, value-added solutions, including:
- Software development and sustainment
- Program & project management
- Systems engineering
- Enterprise architecture
- Automatic identification technology (AIT)
- Automatic identification data capture (AIDC)
- Radio-frequency identification (RFID)
- Item unique identification (IUID) solutions
- Business intelligence
- Information assurance
- Cyber security
- Managed IT services and remote system monitoring
- Help desk
- Field services
- Business process re-engineering.
We are seeking qualified individuals to fill the position(s) listed below. To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter with desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Java Developer will be responsible for following the steps involved in the life cycle of software development. Creates and executes unit test plans, which could include integration, performance, and/or systems testing. May provide guidance to others by reviewing work and providing recommendations for design, coding or testing approach, which could include conducting or participating in code walkthroughs or other methods to ensure code quality. Uses experience and imagination to apply the concepts of software program/application development methodology and life cycle to solving business related problems. Works on problems of diverse scope and high complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Provides recommendations for improving processes and procedures, and may function as an escalation point and/or training resource for less experienced Programmers.
Product Delivery teams practice an Agile development methodology. Candidates who have experience working in Agile and documenting requirements are preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions of Java frameworks.
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects.
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies.
- Create technical specifications and test plans.
- Participate in cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams
- Assist in the deployment and maintenance of Applications/Systems
- Candidates ideally would possess 2-5 years of experience and/or Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology, or related discipline, which could include Computer Science, Information Systems (IS) or Management Information Systems (MIS). In lieu of a degree, additional years of related work experience will be reviewed.
- 2-5+ years of Java development experience
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 and above
- MVC Design Pattern
- Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) Framework – Entity Framework
- Familiarity with unit testing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with others, which could include levels of management.
- The ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- A government issued Secret security clearance, or the ability to obtain one is required.
Defense Personal Property System (DPS) program experience is preferred!
Position location: O’Fallon Illinois
Evanhoe & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.